As an educator, I want to cultivate curiosity. This structure of noticing and wondering about an image allows for all students to share what they see and what they are curious about.
What this structure teaches:
- see things in a variety of ways
- hear how other people see things – so yes, empathy to some extent
- curiosity – how did you see that or what made you see it that way?
- how to connect what I know to something unfamiliar
What math this structure teaches:
- there is more than one way to see something
- will share more after some comments are posted (3/19/20)
When I use this structure in the classroom, I am often surprised by what they know and what they see. I learn as much as they learn. So now here’s your chance to try it. What do you notice? What do you wonder? Share below.